Instructor Bios | Roger Sanders
10/03 – Present: Vice President of Code Compliance, Capri Engineering
Perform plan reviews and inspections; assist other inspectors and reviewers, assist and perform condominium defect mitigation services (QA services); acts as liaison with all municipalities for the company; attend building code related conferences on behalf of the company and report on the activities of the BOAF and FBC; serve on the Technical Advisory Committee for Energy for the Florida Building Commission and on the Ad Hoc Committee for Water Intrusion and Windows.
6/02 – 9/03 Field Inspection Supervisor, Hernando County Development Services
Supervisor of the Inspections Division in charge of plan reviews and all building inspections for Hernando County, Spring Hill, Brooksville, Weeki Wachee, and Ridge Manor. Supervised 16 inspectors and 6 plans examiners; prepared SOP’s, and represented the department by serving on the Energy Code Technical Advisory Committee for the Florida Building Commission.
10/98 – 6/02 Senior Plans Examiner, Hillsborough County
Review commercial and residential plans. In addition, completed special projects for the director of the department and construction service manager (ISO Evaluation – Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule).
5/98 – 10/98 Consultant, Hernando County Building Department
Hired to update the building regulations and to review commercial and residential plans.
2/98- 5-98 Manger/Building Official – City of Safety Harbor
Served as Manager/Building Official in charge of the Building and Code Enforcement Department. Duties included: supervision of personnel, preparation of budget, inspections, plan reviews.
Licenses, Memberships, Certifications, Appointments:
- Certified General Contractor License (Class “A”) State of Florida (CGC020715)
- Building Official – State Certification BU0000399
- Certified Building Inspector – SBCCI and State Certified BN0001150
- Plumbing Inspector – State Certified BN0001150
- Electrical Inspector – Residential BN0001150
- Mechanical Inspector – State Certified BN0001150
- Plans Examiner Building – State Certificate PX0000651
- Plans Examiner Mechanical & Plumbing – State Certified PX0000651
- Plans Examiner Electrical – Sate Certified PX0000651
- Certified by State of Florida Department of Energy – Energy Code Compliance Certified
- Certified Storm Water Management Inspector for the State of Florida